The terms and conditions below outline the studio policy in regards to calendar, first lesson (interview), lessons, payments, cancellations, make-up lessons and refunds.
Please, read it carefully! The policy below will be followed strictly.
Feel free to contact me via email, txt or phone to discuss any issues or concerns.
- Lessons are scheduled during the entire year. The school term according to the NSW school calendar has no impact on the studio calendar. Lessons which fall on a public holiday will be discussed case by case with the student.
First lesson (interview)
- The first lesson (interview) is FREE to all students. However, it must be said that it is not a normal lesson and there is no teaching involved. Its main goals are: to meet and get to know each other and talk about the student's musical background, goals, repertoire, etc...and for the teacher to assess the level of the new student. If the new student wants to start learning from the very first lesson, the lesson will be charged as normal. The interview should take around 30min.
- If the teacher already knows the new student and is clear about the student's level and goals, teaching can start from the first lesson. If so, the lesson will be charged as normal.
- If the student misses the arranged time for the FREE interview and do not notify the studio, the student loses the right for another free interview. Another interview can be arranged, but this time, it would be charged as a normal lesson.
- Lessons are strictly one-to-one. No parents, friends or relatives are allowed to stay and watch the lesson. Students feel more relaxed and learn more knowing they are not being watched.
- As for time allocation, the Studio will always give preference to regular weekly students. For those students who wish to attend fortnight lessons, the Studio will try but cannot guarantee a fixed time slot.
Please follow the rules as this is the best way
to show respect and consideration to your teacher!
The Studio offers two options for payment:
1) paying lesson by lesson (cash only or bank transfer*)
2) paying the month in advance (cash or bank transfer)
* only applicable for payment of missed lessons (entitled to a make-up lesson or not).
If paying via bank transfer please note that the funds must reach the account BEFORE the lesson time.
Bank Account details: CBA (Commonwealth Bank) BSB:062799 ACC:12195251 ACC name: HDIB and SDIB
ALL lessons must have been paid in full by the agreed lesson time
regardless of attendance, make-up lesson eligibility and form of payment!
Cancellations and Make-up lessons
- Lessons will be charged if:
* the student doesn't attend the lesson and doesn't notify the studio.
* the student notifies the studio less than 24hrs before the lesson time.
So, to be entitled for a make-up lesson, the student/parent must notify the studio at least 24hrs prior to the lesson time, otherwise the lesson will be charged.
- If the student who pays lesson by lesson in cash cannot attend a lesson (entitled to a make-up lesson or not), the lesson must still be paid by the lesson time via bank transfer. Then, the make-up lesson (if applicable) will be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
- Under no circumstances lessons can be simply skipped.
- Missed lessons that are entitled for a make-up lesson will not be transferred as credits to the following week or month. They need to remain as make-up lessons.
- The make-up lesson will be charged if the student fail to attend it.
- In case the student goes on holiday, needs to travel or needs a short brake (for any personal reason), and wants to secure his/her regular slot, a fee of $20/week will be charged and should be paid in advance.
- Students and parents must give the studio at least two weeks notice if they wish to discontinue the course.
- Paid lessons that are missed by the student will not be refunded.
- Paid lessons that are missed by the teacher will be refunded in full or the credit will be transferred to the next lesson. In cases where the student wants a make-up lesson instead, the make-up lesson will be rescheduled at a mutually convenient time.
Music Lessons Sydney - Terms and Conditions