Focus on your goals...
Whatever your goals in music are, I guarantee I can help you!
These are my specialities (in no particular order):
- Solo piano or keyboard
(Jazz, Blues, R&B, Latin, Pop, Classical, Film & Videogame Music, World Music)
- Music Theory
- Jazz Harmony
- Jazz improvisation
- Piano by ear (no reading music skill required)
- Music Production & Recording
- Music Technology (including MIDI language)
- Electronic Music (including electroacoustic composition)
- Computer music software tutorias (Sibelius, Logic Pro, Eastwest, Spectrasonics)
Who do I teach?
Anyone with a desire to learn music.
Minimun Age: 8 years old
ALL levels (beginners to very advanced - including professionals and other teachers)
How does it work?
1 - You contact me by email
2 - We arrange a first lesson time/date that best suits you
3 - You come to the first lesson or we arrange a time to meet online (FREE of any charge)*
4 - I send you my "welcome email" with all extra info that you will need to know
...and we are ready to start!
* During the first lesson we talk about your previous musical background, your goals, and I perform a quick test to find out where we can start and to be able to design a course specifically for you.
CD and Audio Recordings
Professional recording sessions to all students (fees applied). After every piece, or set of pieces studied, students can take home a fresh audio CD or audio file of their own performances!
Modern Studio with the latest in music technology
All the latest music software applications for MIDI & Audio composition, recording, editing, mixing, mastering, and music notation.
Music Production of your own songs
Wrote some lyrics and/or have some nice chord progression? We can sit together and produce a finished track! No matter what style it is, from pop bands to full orchestral setup!
Great collection of teaching resources
Being a staff member of the USYD and Sydney Conservatorium of Music Library, I have total access to a vast collection of books, CDs, DVDs, and music scores. So, I can always bring interesting, appropriate and updated material to our private lessons.
* Please click here for TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Why choose MusicLessonsSydney
- Fully qualified and passionate teacher who is very active in the music industry
- 30min FREE trial lesson (interview)
- 19 years of teaching experience (private lessons and classes)
- Original teaching methods using shapes and graphics to help students learn scales, chords and melodies
- Brand new approach to learn rhythm and music reading that has helped hundreds of students!
- Multi-award-winner film composer and teacher at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music since 2009
- 100% success in preparing students for auditions, exams, interviews and applications for further academic studies
- Recipient of the University of Sydney Medal and 14 scholarships
- Full member of the Music Teachers' Association of NSW
- Registered teacher of AMEB (Australian Music Examination Board)
- 100% positive feedback from students and parents!
- No registration fees and no term contracts
- Total respect to student's/parent's money and time
- Dynamic, exciting and fun lessons!
- Hands-on learning methods to make each student motivated from the beginning!
- Great variety of music styles to suit all tastes!
- Latest in music technology, notation software and sound libraries!
- Work with children check and fully insured music studio (including public liability)
As per 2018, most lessons will be given online via SKYPE or ZOOM.